Jumbo has an exciting opportunity for a Visual Assistant who will be based in East London. The Visual Assistant will assist the National Visual Merchandiser to manage JUMBO stores nationally. Jumbo currently has 89 stores in total. We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The purpose of the role is for the Visual Assistant to contribute creative thoughts to promote products, conceptualize and implement focal statements to store operations. To attract customers by creating impactful displays within marketing and visual guidelines to increase sales and to implement displays that show a flare for fashion and garment co-ordination in line with sales and seasonal trends.
FIXTURES | LAYOUTS | FLOWS
- Assist with design of floor plans that encourage easy flow of foot traffic, allowing customers to view maximum product variety whilst ensuring key lifestyles are easy to locate.
- Ensure shrinkage is minimised through strategically placed fixtures.
- Fixtures/rails must be aligned to floor plan, lined up with precision and allow adequate spacing for ease of the shopping customer.
- Monitor adequate lighting to promote product and emphasize select product, using space and lighting creatively.
- Identify primary/ secondary/ tertiary locations within the store and department areas and implement product flow principles to ensure that the store displays look new and fresh.
- Maintain merchandise fixture inventory, monitoring functionality and report on store needs, sourcing materials where necessary e.g. models, props, equipment, signage, accessories, steam irons.
- Merchandising fixtures, rails and shelving are in good repair and clean.
- Floors, walls, windows, mirrors are in good repair and clean.
- Correct hangers are in use, in good repair and clean.
- The floor is clear, except for appropriately merchandised product
- Pelmets are tidy and/or appropriately merchandised.
- Have a general understanding of the role, function and processes of the Buying Department and how this impacts at store level.
- Assist with keeping the Merchandising Manual updated, by providing valuable feedback where necessary to include the best principles devised.
- Ensure that stores have a copy of Merchandising Manual and all staff are familiar and understand its contents.
- Ensure merchandising principles are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure all store management is taken through merchandising principles and sign a copy as confirmation thereof.
- Ensure the correct utilization of space in line with key indicators such as stock holding and turnover per m2 comparisons, as well as peak and low season periods.
- Regularly change window displays and implement display directives from Head Office.
- With knowledge of current and future trends and activities in fashion, design and culture, create eye-catching focal displays that enhance product appeal and turnover, assisting in the installing and dismantling of displays.
- Implement promotional product displays, informing stores in advance of merchandising plans and preparation.
- Move stock through the ABC locations of importance and re-coordinate to create freshness and new appeal.
- Understand the Quality Assurance touch points, address product quality issues, as well as soiled or damaged stock.
- Oversee the housing of stock in stock rooms, ensuring that standards and principles are being maintained, and that the floor is sufficiently replenished.
- Oversee that lay-byes, hangers and unused fixtures are correctly stored and addressed.
- Report and address stock found in unauthorized locations e.g. office, kitchen, behind cash desk, including hidden/saved/put aside stock.
- Ensure that all stock displayed on the floor is presentable, steam ironed, trims on garments are dressed correctly and that dump dins are tidy.
- Inventory management – in the course of completing visual merchandising tasks assist with general store stock activities including IBTin, IBTout, inventory checks, ticket markdowns etc.
MARKETING MATERIAL | STORE SIGNAGE
- Have a general understanding of the role, function and processes of the Marketing Department and how this impacts at store level.
- Keep abreast of the Marketing calendar including rollout requirements, implementation of marketing elements and promotional launch dates – ensure implementation of directives.
- Ensure that the Marketing Guideline document with regards to application of marketing material is updated, understood by store staff and implemented.
- Report on condition and relevance if external, window and internal signage/marketing material (including directive signage and cash desk presentation).
- Contribute creative ideas and promotional strategies that could enhance turnover.
- Ensure implementation of Marketing directives in stores.
- Create promotional awareness and excitement amongst staff in store.
- Maintain standards for housing and address marketing material and signage that is not in use.
COMMUNICATION | REPORTING |TRAINING
BUYING AND MARKETING COMMUNICATION
- Meet with the Marketing and Buying Teams, dependant on availability, for updates on upcoming actions needing to be executed in store and ensuring that all points are communicated and understood.
OPERATIONS COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- When entering a store, report to the Store Manager to discuss the purpose for the visit and to understand the needs, concerns and ideas of the Store Manager with regards to Merchandising. Review with staff communication from Head Office to stores with regards to merchandising.
- Discuss the staff who you intend to work with during the visit and adapt according to the day’s tasks with regards to general store operations.
- Complete a written report on each store visit, to be discussed with and understood by the Store Manager.
- Provide Area Managers and Operations Manager with weekly and monthly updates / reports. Give further direction to stores by sending out visual merchandising packs/memorandums.
- Train store staff in developing merchandising skills and ensure adherence to merchandising principles and marketing guidelines.
- Identify and groom individuals to take on the further responsibility of managing the merchandising for a group of stores.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the staff appointed.
- Display confidence in product knowledge e.g. trends, fabrics, designed silhouettes etc.
- Educate staff and enhance their product knowledge highlighting desirable qualities of garments, inspiring them to discuss product in an appealing way with customer that will encourage sales.
CUSTOMER FEEDBACK AND REPORTING
- Assist with ways to develop and attain customer feedback (e.g. questionnaires) and report findings to Head Office.
- Monitor customer habits and reactions to product, in particular during marketing campaigns and report findings to Head Office.
- Understand the function and processes of Warehouse & Logistics with regards to the store delivery days and following up on the dispatching of promotional materials.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Clothing Retail environment in a similar role
- Valid code 8 drivers’ licence – endorsed
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
|If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly email your CV together with your motivational letter in support of your application. Closing date for applications will be 14 December 201.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Managements discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.