Jumbo the Clothing Co., has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer at our Support Centre in East London. We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Head of the Buying Department to procure products within specified parameters and budgets across lifestyle. To manage product processes from conception to delivery of order. To ensure turnover and clearance of product meets company targets.
Key Performance Areas for a Buyer:
- Present product review and analysis of previous seasons.
- Report on supplier SWOT.
- Analyse competitor product and pricing.
- Interpret global trends in context of the company’s target market.
- Collate product feedback by maintaining close communication with stores and customers.
Assortment Planning and Product Procurement
- Based on the above analysis conceptualise and present seasonal ranges.
- Place orders to released OTB within agreed criteria/targets and policy.
- Monitor the data integrity of orders captured.
- Ensure relevant product for promotional activities and window displays.
- Management of supply chain from placement of order to delivery including quality approval.
- Weekly analysis of trade against sales plan and adjust forward orders accordingly.
- Review of best and worst sellers by category and adjust forward orders accordingly.
- Determine promotional and markdown pricing.
- Manage outstanding orders and order amendments.
- Manage adherence to procurement policy and approve penalty charges.
- Review product for promotional activities and window displays.
- Advise on best merchandising practise to maximize turnover.
Minimum requirements for the job:
(You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below)
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Relevant degree / diploma (fashion/textile/production/procurement)
- Expertise in data capture.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changes in a demanding environment
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Matric with 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience as a Buyer in Men’s, and Boys fashion apparel and footwear (incorporating school ear, infants wear and accessories)
- A valid code 8 driver’s license
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly email your application to email@example.com together with your motivational letter in support of your application. The closing date for applications will be 30 July 2021.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.