Jumbo the Clothing Co., has an exciting opportunity for a National Operations Manager. The role purpose of the National Operations Manager is to assist the COO and CEO to make careful considerations of all aspects in the business before making a business decision. The National Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that the business goals, decisions & plans, are effectively executed & implemented within the business, in order to maximize the stores results in terms of costs, sales, shrinkage, people and profit. The National Operations Manager needs to continuously evaluate and improve on the performance of within the business.
- Oversee the work of other managers within the specific geographical area of the business
- Check & coordinate activities through the Area managers to ensure that the stores are in proper working conditions at all times & ensure that the responsible persons adhere to the standard operating procedures that is set within the business
- Oversee and assist in the recruitment of staff, ensure that proper recruitment processes are followed that is in line with the recruitment policies and the operational needs of the
- Conduct performance reviews with management in each business unit and in individual stores to ensure that the management teams within the entire business unit are aligned with the company’s general objectives and
- Follow through and ensure that that proper work schedules for staff is established that is in line with the budget but also the SAW to SALES ratios and evaluate the Area managers as well as the store managers performance at the end of a given period based on the ratio %
- Together with Human resources manage and guide the Area mangers as well as the Store managers in all IR related matters within the business Where necessary Initiate disciplinary hearings and from time to time represent the company at the CCMA.
Inventory / Stock Management:
- Responsible for inventory/stock analysis within the specific business unit, which involves keeping track of sales figures and the inventory/stock requirements of each business unit as well as each store and using this information to make estimates on optimal stock levels for each store.
- Coordinate Stock movement within and between the different business units to obtain maximum profitability and provide the necessary feedback to the buying and planning
- Investigate and take active measures to prevent negative stock on hand (NSOH) by ensuring that the Standard operating procedures are followed across the board when inventory are received, captured and sold at store
- Provide the necessary guidance and assistance to the operational management team in the preparation of Stock takes
- Analyse and investigate the shrinkages results for the entire business unit as well as the individual stores and ensure that the responsible persons are held accountable and that the implementation and follow though of the SLAP (Stock Loss Action Plan) is actioned should the results be undesirable
- Accountable for the shrinkage and the negative stock on hand
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate sales performance, identify potential growth opportunities as well any issues which might have a negative impact on the sales performance and provide the necessary feedback and input to the nati operations manager/the senior management team
- Evaluate whether the stores are meeting their sales goals by analysing expenses and profits, and providing actionable feedback & input to the Operations manager/senior management team whether or not costs/budgets needs to be adjusted to maximize profits.
- Accountable for the sales performance within the specific region and thus need to make sure that the operational team in the region is sales driven and customer
- Makes sure that the teams meet the required Customer service standards across the board and coordinate the necessary training initiatives where necessary
- Follow through on the implementation & execution of all marketing activities within the business units to maximise the sales
- Coordinate & check that the merchandising activities of the visual merchandising team and the responsible individuals are implemented and maintained to create an appealing and pleasant visual appearance in all stores in order to attract customers and to optimize the use of space in
- Accountable for the controllable expenses within the region as this directly affects the profitability of the business.
- Effectively communicate and translate financial budgets /goals to the operations management teams so that it can be used as management tools within the
- Implement and compile tactical delivery plans to minimize expenditure and maximize
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management practices and internal controls within the region and ensure that the required action is taken to ensure that policies and procedures are followed to mitigate risk within the region.
- Liaise with internal departments around the improvement and development of standard operation procedures (SOP’s) that suits the operations team to ultimately increase the turnaround times/improve the effectiveness of controls maximize profitability and minimize risk
- Strong leadership ability with people management skills
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Good decision-making ability/skill.
- Good analytical skills are required for tackling problems that may come up on a daily basis
- Flexible in regards to working arrangements and operational changes
- Excellent Time Management
- Teamwork Orientation
- Reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee needs to travel and visit the clothing retails stores in his/her business unit to be able to successfully execute his /her duties and The individual would need to be able to engage with the team on the ground as well as the senior management team.
- MIE, combined credit check, criminal record check, fraud check and Qualification verification
- Reference checks