Jumbo the Clothing Co., has an exciting opportunity for an Area Manager who will be based in Mthatha. The Area Manager will manage JUMBO stores in Mthatha and surrounding areas (11 stores), Jumbo currently has 85 stores in total. We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The purpose of this position is for the Area Manager to be responsible for all operations in his/her business unit. The Area Manager will assist the Operations Manager to make careful considerations of all aspects in the business unit before making a business decision. The Area Manager is responsible for ensuring the business goals, decisions and plans are effectively executed and implemented within his/her specific business unit. The Area Manager will need to continuously evaluate and improve on the performance of his / her business unit.
Sales & Marketing
- Manage the implementation of all marketing promotions to ensure maximum sales opportunities are exploited
- Make certain that business direction and strategies are followed
- Achieve and exceed store sales targets
- Monitor and evaluate the daily sales targets of each store in your business unit.
- Drive sales in your area thorough active participation in promotions and providing sales and leadership to staff
- Provide regular feedback on products, marketing and pricing of retailers with similar products / promotions and opportunities to the JUMBO Buying & Marketing team.
Management of staff
- Manage the performance and development of staff in your business unit to become a motivated sales force.
- Effectively manage the salaries and wages budget of each store in your business unit and ensure that salaries and wages expenditure is in line with the required sales ratio %
- Manage and involve HR in all IR related matters within your business-related matters within your business unit (initiate disciplinary hearings and from time to time represent the company at the CCMA)
- Determine staffing needs, recruit, interview and place employees in line with the company recruitment policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the responsible persons in stores adhere to the standard operating procedures (check and verify necessary documents when doing store visits)
Risk, Shrinkage & Security
- Manage the security in all aspects within your respective business unit and ensure that security procedures are strictly adhered to
- Monitor and provide regular feedback to the risk team on the performance of security staff in your respective stores (make sure that they are alert and performing their duties as expected)
- Identify and report potential risk areas within your business unit involve he risk department where necessary
- Continuously monitor shrinkage and ensure that all stores implement preventative measure in place to minimize stock losses in your business unit
- Should there be high shrinkage in one of the stores, you will be required to investigate the reasons thereof and act on the stock losses in accordance with the shrinkage policy.
- Ensure that the stores are prepped for stock takes to reduce down time in stores as a result of stock takes.
Stock & Asset Management
- Responsible for each store as a whole, ensure that the outside of the stores is kept neat and tidy and that inside fixtures and fittings are accounted for and maintained throughout your entire business unit
- Manage controllable expenses as this directly affects the profitability of your business unit,
- Ensure that stores control their inventory and that the process of receiving and capturing of stock at store level
- Investigate and take active measures to prevent negative stock on hand (NSOH)
- Stock management (IBTs) – movement of stock between stores to maximize sale opportunities
- Ensure that there is an equal standard throughout the stores in terms of merchandising and housekeeping standards.
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to apply a friendly and enthusiastic manner on a daily basis
- Train staff in customer service
- Assist customers with enquiries and complaints
- Continually satisfy customer needs and attract clientele.
Minimum requirements for the job:
(You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below)
- Matric Certificate.
- Bcom Degree (preferable)
- Certificate or Diploma in Retail/Business Management preferable.
- Valid Driver’s Licence – Code 8 unendorsed
- 5-8 years experience in a similar capacity as an operations manager (clothing retail experience is preferred)
- MIE Criminal, Fraud, Qualification Verification & Combined Credit Checks
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
- Reference checks
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly telefax your CV together with your motivational letter in support of your application to 0866044702.
|It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.
It is important to note that should the relevant motivational letter and indication in respect of the position being applied for is not clear, the applicant’s C.V. will not be accepted. Instructions have been clear in terms of requirements.