Jumbo the Clothing Co., has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse/Logistics Manager (WHS). We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The purpose of this position is to oversee and manage the entire operations relevant to JUMBO stores. The Warehouse Logistics manager will be accountable for the daily operations of the different departments within the warehouse which consists of Inbound, Production, Kimbeling and Outbound Department as well as fleet management of the Jumbo Fleet.
The Warehouse Logistics manager needs to ensure that all cost elements within the warehouse & logistics function is in line with the budget. The Warehouse Logistics Manager needs to provide authority over the existing team, with the goal to improve productivity and create stability within the Warehouse.
- Ensure that the stock flow through the warehouse is efficient without compromising accuracy
- Liase closely with buying, finance and operations to ensure maximum flow of stock through the warehouse
- Ensure that all receiving, picking and packing and shipping deadlines / cut-off times are met
- Manage, record and minimize IBTs and stock discrepancies in stores as well as WHS returns and claims
- Identify and minimise risk areas within the warehouse
- Control stock losses with the Warehouse and respective departments with the help of the warehouse team, departments will be held accountable for the total stock loss in the warehouse
- Identify workload of all given areas and shift personnel to areas where additional personnel is needed
- Ensure staff planning and scheduling is done in the most cost effective and productive way
- Ensure staffing is in line with SAW budgets and that all staff are productive in each department
- Assist employee’s with work process problems
- Identify training needs and training initiatives
- Recognize sensitive business and personnel issues and handle issues with confidence, sensitivity and professionalism
- Maintain harmony among employees and resolve grievances, manage disciplinary issues, and involve HR where necessary
- Ensure correct policies and procedures are followed according to the company disciplinary code
- Ensure that each department manager controls the expenses within their respective departments
- Ensure that the respective WHS departments Salary and Wage budgets are in line with the company budget
- Control packing and wrapping costs throughout the Warehouse
- Manage 3rd party transporters and keep transport costs within the budget
- The Warehouse logistics manager needs to identify areas where cost savings can be made and ensure waste / loss / over expenditure is reported, recorded and kept to a minimum within the entire warehouse
Quality & Efficiency and Accuracy
- Assist WHS department managers in identifying work procedures in a priority manner to expedite the work flow.
- Plan co-ordinate administrative activities to ensure accurate results throughout the warehouse
- Prioritize work flow
- Communicate priorities effectively with department managers, supervisors and WHS staff
- Give clear instructions (oral and written) and follow up regularly with respective departments
- Examine work for exactness, neatness and ensure conformance with company policies and procedures
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiencies throughout the Warehouse.
Logistics & Fleet Management
- Oversee the fleet and ensure that vehicles are road worthy and licenses
- Ensure that all vehicles are maintained and serviced regularly and on time.
- Oversee, manage and negotiate with external transport service providers (couriers)
- Ensure that delivery routes are well planned and done in the most efficient and cost effective way
- Ensure that drivers and stores adhere to the delivery & receiving process of the stock.
- Minimizes the risks in transporting the stock to stores.
- Time Management (ability to meet deadlines without compromising standards and procedures)
- Communication Proficiency (verbal and written)
- Teamwork Orientated
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Flexibility (regarding working relationships and operational changes)
- Forms part of the EXCO team, and reports directly to the CEO
- Office and Warehouse environment
- Travel is limited but may occur should there be a business need
- Operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arm
- Employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear
- Duties, responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice and are not limited to what is listed above.
Minimum requirements for the job:
(You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below)
- Matric Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar working environment
- Qualification in warehouse / logistic
- Criminal / Credit Check / Fraud check
- Qualification verification
- Psychometric testing
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly email your application together with your motivational letter in support of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.