Jumbo the Clothing Co, has an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist at our Support Centre (SC) in East London. We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The Receptionist will be responsible primarily for answering the telephone and relaying messages as well as greeting persons entering the Company.
Reception and Admin Duties
- Answer the telephone promptly, politely and professionally.
- Screen and direct calls.
- Take and relay messages.
- Ensure messages are forwarded electronically to individuals.
- Provide information to callers with discretion where applicable.
- Greet persons entering the Company professionally and politely.
- Direct persons to the correct destination.
- Sign in Visitors to reception (namely Contractors and Service Providers)
- Deal with queries form the Public and Customers (within reason)
- Manage, direct and control the firstname.lastname@example.org address
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of the organization have been tabled.
- Receive, sort and stamp and distribute all mail received.
- Keep memorandum registers updated and issue numbers when requested, telephonically.
- Update the attendance register on a daily basis.
- General Filing
- Collate the mail to be sent to stores on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with the Warehouse in terms of despatch details of vehicles for the transportation of the mail.
- Liaise with the Warehouse in terms of mail collection at the Post Office and deliveries of mail.
- Purchase Orders – assist PA to CEO and Ops Administrator in writing out orders.
- Place orders for general office supplies e.g. stationery (as approved by the PA)
- Co-supervise General Worker(s)
- Provide assistance with New Store Procurement requirements
- Place orders for General Stationery (as approved)
- Follow-up with Service Providers on deliveries or outstanding work (as per PA or Administrator)
- Assist with meeting room bookings and occasional set-ups for function (lunches / training)
- Keep contact lists updated.
- Weekly competitive shopping.
- Assist with uniform requests as and when required.
- Any other reasonable tasks that may be required to be carried out from time to time.
- Maintain cleanliness in office.
- Maintain cleanliness at the Reception Desk area.
- Performing any reasonable duties delegated by Management that may not be listed above.
Minimum requirements for the job:
(You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below)
- Matric Certificate.
- Computer Literate: Word and Excel.
- 2 – 3 years in a relevant / similar environment or position.
- Drivers License would be advantageous.
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
- First Aider Training
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly email your application together with your motivational letter in support of your application. The closing date for applications will be 07 June 2019.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.