Jumbo the Clothing Co, has an exciting opportunity for a Merchandise Analyst at our Support Centre in East London (SC). We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The purpose of this position is to analyze sales and stock data from store level up, with the aim of implementing actions that will maximize sales and stock efficiencies, reporting on key trends that will improve Buying and Allocating functions and identify promotional opportunities.
- Review information from key sources including : Operations and Merchandise Teams; Fast and Slow sellers; Reports on Competitors; Forward Covers; Market Trends; Specific product/supplier/store profiles; and Product aging.
- Analyse sales performance and stock efficiencies at store / area / company levels
- Action viable stock movement opportunities that will maximize sales and stock turn.
- Investigate reasons for poor sell offs (pricing, quality, styling, market issues)
- Assist in identifying lines for promotion across group or select stores
- Identify and take corrective measures for errors of process such as NSOH, allocation irregularities, stock not on sales floor
- Report findings to Buying and Planning Teams with recommendations for improvement of buying and allocating functions
- Strong communication and written skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and make crucial decisions
- Good Team Player
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and databases.
- Thorough, Accurate and efficient.
- Reports directly to the Planning Manager
- The Merchandise Analyst regularly works within an office environment.
- Travel may be required from time to time to visit stores to increase the understanding of trading opportunities / problem areas.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum requirements for the job:
(You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below)
- Matric Certificate. (B Com degree will be an advantage)
- Valid Driver’s Licence – Code 8 unendorsed
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role (clothing retail experience will be an advantage)
- Proficient in MS Office (specifically in Excel including formulas)
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
- First Aider Training
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly email your CV together with your motivational letter in support of your application. The closing date for applications will be 14 June 2019.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.