Jumbo the Clothing Co, has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Clerk at our Support Centre in East London. (SC). We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for carrying out financial administrative tasks. The finance clerk performs clerical information processing tasks/ activities associated with the update and maintenance of Finance Department records and registers and attends to general office applications with respect to the provision of routine procedural information.
Finance Clerk Duties
- Identify invoice discrepancies, price changes, delivery dates etc.
- Accurate capturing of financial information
- Cash Book processing and reconciliation
- Daily Bank / Cash Book recons (compare with store tenders)
- Cash Flow forecast and planning
- Prepare and capture Store deposits
- Sending proof of payments if / when required
- Ordering and despatching stationery for all Jumbo Stores
- Review and verify accuracy of financial paperwork and processes
- Maintain and make necessary adjustments to records and/or logs such as journals and cash books
- Verify and reconcile bank statements and expenses
- Load daily / monthly payments and print proof thereof
- Deal with cash variances and resolve queries
- Balance entries and make the necessary corrections
- Sort documents and post debits / credits to the correct account
- Prepare monthly VAT recons
Reporting to Finance Manager / Accountant
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Monthly loan repayment schedule
- Payment report for management fee provisions
- Identifying issues and being proactive with providing solutions
- Assist auditors (internal and external) with required information / documentation.
- Printing of month-end reports from Dolfin for the finance departments.
- To carry out any other duties as required by the Financial Manager.
- Assist with the general filing in the finance office
- The duties of the finance clerk are not limited to the above and any reasonable instruction given by the Finance Manager / Accountant should be adhered to.
Minimum requirements for the job:
( You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below )
- Matric Certificate.
- Qualification / studies in finance / business administration (accounting would be beneficial)
- Valid Driver’s Licence – Code 8 unendorsed
- Computer Literate: Word, Excel and Pastel
- 2 – 5 years in relevant environment.
- Good Communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly email your CV together with your motivational letter in support of your application. The closing date for applications will be 13 June 2019.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.