Jumbo the Co, has an exciting opportunity for a Buyers Assistant at our Support Centre in East London. We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Buyers with managing their orders, supply chain and samples.
- Update OTB (Open to Buy) sheets and notify Buyers
- Administration of all products and orders placed by Buyers
- Product and orders control checks to ensure data integrity
- Manage Kimble, swing tag and courier requirements
- Follow up on outstanding orders and report to Buyers
- Compile competitive pricing reports
- Assist Buyers in compiling specific reports eg, best/worst sellers, promotion product
Delivery and Quality Approvals
- Sign off product deliveries against Buyers order specifications
- Sign off on product quality using sample received from warehouse
- Sample follow ups with suppliers
- Maintain sample archiving processes
- Prepare samples for review and promotional activities
- Compile review outcome document
- Assist with sample management in the promotion process and oversee correct use of product on Buyers behalf.
- Timeous feedback to relevant persons on store and customer enquiries.
Minimum requirements for the job:
(You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below)
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Qualification in Fashion Design
- Expertise in data capture.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changes in a demanding environment
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Matric with 2 years’ experience in a similar administrative role.
- A valid code 8 driver’s license
- Experience in a similar role in retail buying is advantageous.
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly email your application together with your motivational letter in support of your application. The closing date for applications will be 09 July 2019.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.