Jumbo the Clothing Co, has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager in our store Cofimvaba (TSCV). We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The purpose of this position is to have a successful individual that can be responsible for assisting in managing an individual store through execution of:
- the marketing and operations plans,
- co-ordinates specific marketing, administrative, logistics, HR, sales and operations sequences and
- Attends to the general applications and interventions associated with the functionality of the shop.
- Manages the store in absence of Store Manager.
- Disciplining and counselling of staff
- Assist with training as required
- Staffs register management – late arrivals / early departures.
- Managing Cash Desk Area (where applicable)
- Monthly Float Register
- Planning of staff tea, lunch breaks and day off.
Shop Floor Functions
- Promote customer service and an environment conducive to a pleasant shopping experience
- Ensure shop floor assistants are executing duties
- Assist with merchandising in all departments as required
- Ensuring high level of housekeeping is maintained (cleaning roster)
- Relieve in departments during lunch times, day off’s
- Control the standard of administration and procedures in the store
- Assist supervisor/admin controller with cash controlling function
- Authorizing all transactions on 3A Level
- Spot checks on cashiers
- Controlling of Lay Byes and RTS – in the absence
- Act as Branch Manager in the absence of Branch Manager
- Performing any reasonable duties delegated by the Branch Manager
Minimum requirements for the job:
(You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below)
- Matric Certificate.
- NQF 4/5 Certificate or Diploma in Retail/Business Management preferable.
- Valid Driver’s Licence – Code 8 unendorsed
- 2-5 years in relevant Sales/retail/operations environment as an Assistant Manager
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
- First Aider Training
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, email your CV together with your motivational letter in support of your application.The closing date for applications will be 26 June 2019.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.