Jumbo the Clothing Co., has an exciting opportunity for an Area Manager in the Port Elizabeth Area (BP Area). We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The Area Manager is responsible for all operations in his/her business unit. The Area Manager helps the Operations Manager or Regional Manager make careful considerations of all aspects in the business unit before making a business decision. In addition the area manager is responsible (with the Operations Manager or Regional Manager) for business unit goals, decisions, plans, implementation and evaluation of performance.
- Responsible for the branch as a whole, ensuring that the outside of the store is kept neat and tidy and that inside fixtures and fittings are accounted for and maintained
- Co-ordination of janitorial and repair services.
- Is responsible for all stock and will be held accountable for all overages and shortages.
- Should ensure control of inventory.
- Prepare requisitions to replenish stock. Identify and report on slow selling items.
- Stock loss action plan
- Manage the quality and quantity aspects of the merchandise assortments.
- Co-ordinate the layout of shelves and merchandise of seasonal and sale displays.
- Identify new ways of promoting merchandise.
- Ensure required housekeeping standards at all times.
- Ensure that there is an equal standard throughout the stores.
Marketing and Sales
- Manage the implementation of all marketing promotions to ensure maximum sales opportunities are exploited.
- Achieve and exceed store sales targets.
- Actively participate in promotions, stay up to date with current advertising and provide sales leadership to staff.
- Stay current with products, marketing and pricing of area retailers with similar product
Admin and Cash
- Ensure that the standard of administration and procedures in store are met.
- Make certain that business direction and strategies are followed.
- Ensure that the responsible persons are following proper procedures when handling all store cash. Check and verify these documents daily.
- Manage controllable expenses as this directly affects the profitability of the branch.
Management of Staff
- Assign employees to specific duties.
- Encourage, assist and train employees to become a motivated sales force.
- Manage performance and development of staff
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are being followed and enforce disciplinary action when necessary.
- Determine when extra temporary staff is needed and recruit same.
- Manage the security in all aspects of the business and ensure that security procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Monitor security staff and make sure that they are alert and performing their duties to the maximum.
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to apply a friendly and enthusiastic manner on a daily basis.
- Train staff in customer service
- Assist customers with enquiries and complaints.
- Continuously satisfy customer needs and attract clientele.
Minimum requirements for the job:
(You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below)
- Matric Certificate
- Operations Management diploma/degree or relevant/related Retail NQF 5/diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Clothing Retail operations environment as a Manager or Store Manager.
- Valid code 8 drivers licence – endorsed
- Willingness to travel
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
- First Aider Training
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly email a copy of your CV together with your motivational letter in support of your application. The closing date for applications will be 20 March 2019.
Please apply via the application form below: