Jumbo the Clothing Co., has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Clerk at our Head Office in East London. We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for carrying out financial and accounting functions and assist the accounts department on a whole. The accounts clerk will be responsible for performing accounting and clerical processing tasks/ activities associated with the update and maintenance of the Finance Department records and attends to general office applications with respect to the provision of routine procedural information.
Accounts Clerk Duties
- Capture invoices on Pastel
- Process bank statements on Pastel
- Reconcile trade creditor / debtor accounts to supplier statements and administer payments
- Identify and solve creditor / debtor queries when doing reconciliations
- Perform accounting transactions up to and including trial balance level
- Preparation of SARS Statutory returns
- Calculation of depreciation
Reporting to Finance Manager / Accountant
- Prepare age-analysis and do reconciliations.
- Bank reconciliations
- General ledger and trial balance
- Reconcile the trade creditors control account
- Responsible for all accounting related queries and tasks
- Identifying issues and being proactive with providing solutions
- Keeping updated records
- Ensuring relevant filing is up-to-date
- Assist auditors (internal and external) with required information / documentation.
- Printing of month-end reports as and when required by the finance departments.
- To carry out any other duties as required by the Financial Manager / Head Accountant.
Minimum requirements for the job:
( You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below )
- Matric Certificate.(with accounting as a subject)
- Qualification / studies in finance / business administration
- Valid Driver’s Licence – Code 8 unendorsed
- Computer Literate: Word, Excel and Pastel
- 2 – 5 years in relevant environment.
- Reliable and Honest
- Property rental administration will be advantageous.
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessmentsIt should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion.
If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly telefax your CV together with your motivational letter in support of your application to 086-604-4702.. The closing date for applications will be 15 February 2019.
Please apply via the application form below: