JUMBO, The Clothing Co. has an exciting career opportunity for a Store Manager in Kimberly.
The purpose of this position is to have a successful individual that will be responsible for managing an individual store through execution of the marketing and operations plans. Who will co-ordinate specific marketing, administrative, logistics, HR, sales and operations sequences and attends to the general applications and interventions associated with the functionality within the store.
– Responsible for the branch as a whole, ensuring that the outside of the store is kept neat and tidy and that inside fixtures and fittings are accounted for and maintained.
– Co-ordination of janitorial and repair services.
– Is responsible for all stock and will be held accountable for all overages and shortages.
– Prepare requisitions to replenish stock.
– Identify and report on slow selling items.
– Conduct a stock take
– Manage the quality and quantity aspects of the merchandise assortments.
– Co-ordinate the layout of shelves and merchandise of seasonal and sale displays.
– Identify new ways of promoting merchandise.
– Ensure required housekeeping standards at all times.
Marketing and Sales
– Manage the implementation of all marketing promotions to ensure maximum sales opportunities are exploited.
– Prepare and direct staff who are preparing merchandise displays.
– Actively participate in promotions.
– Stay up to date with current advertising trends.
– Provide sales leadership to staff.
– Stay current with products, marketing and pricing of area retailers with similar products.
– Achieve and exceed store sales targets.
– Organizing special promotions sales & events
– Initiating changes/improvement suggestions
Admin and Cash
– Ensure that the standard of administration and procedures in store are met.
– Ensure that the responsible persons are following proper procedures when handling all store cash. Check and verify these documents daily.
– Manage controllable expenses as this directly affects the profitability of the branch.
– Reporting to Area Manager
Management of Staff
– Assign employees to specific duties, by way of their JD, To Do Lists, Plans and Goals..
– Encourage, assist and train employees to become a motivated sales force.
– Manage performance and development of staff.
– Ensure that all procedures and policies are being followed and enforce disciplinary action when necessary.
– Determine when extra temporary staff is needed and recruit same.
– Dealing with recruitment staff
– Attending & facilitating staff meetings
Security / Risk
– Manage the security in all aspects of the business and ensure that security procedures are strictly adhered to.
– Monitor security staff and make sure that they are alert and performing their duties to the maximum.
– Ensuring that Health & Safety standards are met.
– Apply Customer Service principles in a friendly and enthusiastic manner on a daily basis.
– Train staff in customer service
– Assist customers with inquiries and complaints.
– Continuously satisfy customer needs and attract clientele.
Minimum requirements for the job:
( You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below )
- Matric Certificate.
- NQF 5/6 Certificate or Diploma in Retail/Business Management preferable.
- Valid Driver’s License – Code 8 unendorsed
- 2-5 years in relevant Sales/retail/operations environment as an Assistant Manager/ Manager
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
- First Aider Training
If you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly email your application together with your motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org..
The closing date for applications will be 31st of AUGUST 2017.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.
It is important to note that should the relevant motivational letter and indication in respect of the position being applied for is not clear, the applicant’s C.V. will not be accepted.