A Career opportunity exists for an Admin Controller in Matatiele (TNMN).We have one (1) vacancy to fill.
The Admin controller will be responsible to perform clerical information processing tasks and activities associated with the update and maintenance of Store Operations records and registers. The Admin controller will also need to attend to general office applications with respect to the provision of routine procedural information.
- Ensure that the banking is dealt with on a daily basis in conjunction with the Store Manager.
- Banking must be done first thing in the morning. It must balance. All the cash ups to balance with the banking.
- When the guards call to pick up the money, it must all be ready and make sure the Admin Controller, Manager and Guard sign for it.
- The drop safe must be locked at all times and the key must be kept by the Admin Controller. Cash float must be checked and all spare keys for the floats must be kept at a safe place sealed in packets in the safe. Cash floats must balance at all times and the Admin Controller must take full responsibility for the safe.
- When cash ups are done, the Admin Controller must make sure that the cashiers balance. If a cashier does not balance, the Admin Controller must sort out the problem and ask for assistance if necessary.
- Control the standard of Administration and Procedures in the Store and enforce the relevant disciplines to maintain these standards.
- File the filing in the morning and make sure that all the filing procedures are done. All filing duties are:-Cash Control File, Petty Cash File, Stock Control File 1, Stock Control File 2, Personnel File & Internal Request file. Make sure all slips are signed with the necessary signature/s including over-rides, voids, and refunds, till open and so on.
- Ensure that reports are up to date. To be addressed on a daily basis. Start of Day Reports.
- Authorizing all transactions – 5A level.
- Lay-byes are the responsibility of the Admin Controller and the Cashiers. These must be checked and spot checks must be done.
- Admin Controller to make sure all RTS is done on a regular basis.
- Spot checks on Cashiers to be conducted.
- Controlling of the change on a daily basis.
- General filing of memo’s and correspondence.
- Data capturing of stock received and sent from branch.
- Managing the Cash Desk area.
- Maintain cleanliness in office.
- Maintain cleanliness at the Cash Desk area. Shop Floor Function
Customer Service General
- In the absence of the Assistant Manager, to fill the role.
- Performing any reasonable duties delegated by Management Merchandising
- Ensuring high housekeeping standards
Minimum requirements for the job: (You must be able to answer “YES” to all requirements listed below)
- Matric Certificate.
- NQF 5 Certificate in Retail/Business Administration.
- Valid Driver’s Licence – Code 8 unendorsed
- Computer Literate: Word and Excel.
- 2 – 5 years in relevant sales / cashier environment.
- Criminal / Credit Check
- Qualification verification
- Computer and Psychometric assessments
- First Aider TrainingIf you believe that you qualify and are looking for a challenging career requiring unquestionable commitment and passion, and wish to apply, kindly telefax your application together with your motivational letter in support of your application to 086-762 9287. The closing date for applications will be 2nd May 2017.
It should be remembered that any placement made, will be at Management’s discretion. If you have not been contacted one (1) week after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ONLY SUITABILY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED TO APPLY.
It is important to note that should the relevant motivational letter and indication in respect of the position being applied for is not clear, the applicant’s C.V. will not be accepted. Instructions have been clear in terms of requirements.
Please apply via the application form below: